With upcoming support of LinkedIn network we've realized that Friends+Me needs a better, easier and more intuitive control of reposts.
Here is what we've come up with. To define repost destination network(s) you can use hashtags in your Google+ post. Otherwise Friends+Me will repost to networks you've marked as default ones.
Better control, better experience.
How does a default destination work?
Default means you don't need to append a control hashtag to your Google+ post to let Friends+Me know where you want to repost the post.
In another words, if you don't append any control hashtag to your post, Friends+Me will repost the post to the social networks you have marked as default.
Hashtag only means you have to append a control hashtag to Google+ post to make Friends+Me repost to that social network.
How to use control hashtags?
You can control Friends+Me reposts by using hashtags. Just append a hashtag to your post.
Choosing the networks by using hashtags is quite simple. You just have to combine letters f for Facebook, t for Twitter and l for LinkedIn into one #hashtag. The order of the letters does not matter.
For example #ftl will repost to Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn and #flt, #tlf, #tfl, ... are equal, the order of the letters really does not matter.
- #fl for reposts to Facebook and LinkedIn but not to Twitter.
- #tf for reposts to Twitter and Facebook but not to LinkedIn.
If you don't want to repost your publicly published activity at all, you have to use hashtag #noshare or #ns.
- ex. "Top secret message. #ns"
Examples of Google+ posts with hashtags
- The activity without any control hashtag goes to default networks only.
- Don't repost this post. #ns
- Repost this only to Facebook and Twitter. #ft
- Repost this only to Twitter and LinkedIn. #tl
- Repost this only to LinkedIn. #l
- Repost this only to Facebook. #f